Former Essex player Ian Pont, who is now engaged in coaching Indian bowlers in Bangalore, shares his views on the fallout-out from the Kevin Pietersen's tell-all book with Rediff.com's Manu Shankar.
England's cricket team, deposed by South Africa as the world's top Test side, has begun the search for a new shirt sponsor after Brit Insurance said it would not renew its contract when it expires in early 2014.
England cricketers -- both men and women -- will undergo anti-racism training courses this year after a survey revealed that more than one-third of black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) players have faced the prejudice in the game.
England batsman Ian Bell is in doubt for the first One-Day International against West Indies at the Rose Bowl on Saturday after suffering a possible fractured jaw in training, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) said on Friday.
The four-match series will mark England's first away games in the ICC World Test Championship.
'People are going to make mistakes, we all are, but for the sake of everyone's safety and the cricket, we need to operate within these protocols as much as we can'
England cricket skipper Kevin Pietersen has resigned, Sky News reported on Wednesday. Pietersen, who was appointed last year, had been in dispute over the running of the team with England coach Peter Moores according to British media reports.
Days after the Board of Control for Cricket in India's request to the government for clearance on resumption of cricketing ties with Pakistan, the External Affairs Ministry said no decision has been taken on it.
England will play two Test matches in India as scheduled next month despite militant attacks in Mumbai, Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) vice-president Lalit Modi said on Thursday. Modi said the first Test would go ahead in Ahmedabad from December 11-15 but the second, scheduled for Mumbai from December 19-23, could be moved to a southern Indian city.
England's Moeen Ali has publicly committed to joining the touring party to Bangladesh should he be selected, despite security concerns ahead of the five-week tour.
Pakistan leg-spinner Danish Kaneria will appear before the England and Wales Cricket Board for a hearing into the spot-fixing scam from June 18 and will leave for London with his lawyer on Thursday.
England will start their defence of the Ashes against Australia at Trent Bridge in July next year with Durham hosting a Test in the series for the first time.
England named an unchanged 13-man squad for the second Test against West Indies starting at Trent Bridge, Nottingham on Friday, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) said.
Sri Lanka's World Cup-winning captain Arjuna Ranatunga's tenure as the head of the Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) came to be short-lived because of his opposition to IPL, a report has claimed.
The new director of England and Wales Cricket Board( ECB), Andrew Strauss, has said that the new coach may not be appointed before the start of the Ashes in July.
All the players will be travelling to Chennai in the next 24 hours to play the Test series, the ECB said.
It would be unfair for England selectors to ask any player to make way for the uncapped all-rounder Jofra Archer in the World Cup squad.
India have been placed in Group A with Bangladesh and Zimbabwe for the 2009 Twenty20 World Cup.
Former Pakistan off-spinner Saqlain Mushtaq will continue to help the touring English spinners in the upcoming ODI series in India.
England will play three-Test series against West Indies and South Africa next year separated by a five-match One-day series against Australia, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) said on Wednesday.
The former Pakistan captain criticised his country's cricket authorities for allowing England to play just one tour match in Karachi.
Former Australia fast bowler and current Yorkshire coach Jason Gillespie is expected to hold talks with the England and Wales Cricket Board's Director for Cricket Andrew Strauss in the next 24 hours on the possibility of him accepting or not accepting the vacant position of the national head coach.
England's cricketers have been warned to mind their manners on Twitter after two players were fined for using obscenities on the social network site.
Former England fast bowler Graham Dilley died after a short illness at the age of 52, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) said on Wednesday. Dilley played 41 Tests and appeared in 36 one-day internationals for his country, featuring in two Ashes series wins against Australia in 1981 and 1987.
The late Herbert Sutcliffe, who opened the batting for Yorkshire and England, was formally inducted into the International Cricket Council (ICC) Cricket Hall of Fame, at Lord's on Saturday.
England is likely to recall star batsman Kevin Pietersen for next month's ODI trip to India.
The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) is planning to ban English cricketers from social networking sites such as Twitter and Facebook while on national duty.
England on Monday suffered a blow after Twenty20 skipper and pacer Stuart Broad said that there is "bad news" about the extent of the injury he picked up during the fourth one-dayer against India as he has "torn a muscle".
Tom admits that an enforced break from cricket due to the coronavirus outbreak has indeed come as a shock to the system. However, he also admitted that he is utilising the time to refresh mentally.
Alastair Cook has insisted that England players would not go on strike over their busy schedule but said international calendar needs to be trimmed as the team is playing 'too much cricket'.
'Just catch up with everyone I haven't seen in a long time'
England pacer Chris Tremlett was ruled out of the third Test against India, starting Wednesday, having failed to recover from a back injury.
Sahoo panel suggests India must ease global borrwoging norms for corporate houses.
Cricket Australia wants to establish the tradition of hosting a day-night Test every year, including during the Ashes series against England in 2017-18, chief executive James Sutherland said on Tuesday.
'There's a lot of old games being shown and people are enjoying that, but they're looking forward to live sport; so, there's a lot of hope it happens, but that depends on how things are put together.'
On the same day, England play New Zealand in a T20 in Wellington, their first game in a tri-series also involving Australia.
Suspended Indian Premier League commissioner Lalit Modi on Friday took a potshot at the BCCI's latest showcause notice issued to him which was sent after a complaint from the England and Wales Cricket Board. Modi's troubles compounded on Thursday, with the BCCI slapping another showcause notice for activities "detrimental to Indian cricket, English cricket and World cricket at large".
England and Australia are to play back-to-back Ashes series in 2013 and 2014 to avoid a clash with the 2015 World Cup in Australia, England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) communications and marketing manager Steve Elworthy said on Saturday.
The Indian Premier League (IPL) will not move out of India despite security fears raised by the players' associations of England, Australia and South Africa, tournament commissioner Lalit Modi insisted. Modi rejected any move to shift the IPL to another country after an independent report complied by ECB security advisor Reg Dickason claimed that safety of cricketers cannot be guaranteed during the cash-awash Twenty20 tournament.
Batsman Ian Bell was ruled out of England's Test series against Pakistan on Tuesday with a broken bone in his foot.